Friday, March 18, 2011

A Great Day for D!

Today I am a very proud Mommy. Not that I'm not a proud Mommy every day, but today was special.

It started out with D sleeping in his own bed for the SECOND night in a row. It's so nice to have my bed back! The motivation right now is a special shopping day with Gigi if he sleeps in his bed for seven days. He's very excited for some big boy shopping time with Gigi that it's all he can talk about.

Mommy was having a rough morning today. D was very sweet and and cuddled with me and scratched my arm. When he told me that I needed to "change his stinky pee" I told him to just take his diaper off and put it in the trash can. I left the bottom half of him naked and we continued to watch his cartoon. All of a sudden, he got this look on his face and said "Mommy I need to poop". Well that got me going and so we went to his potty and sat down. He wasn't very happy with it and wanted to sit on the big potty. So I took apart his Cars potty and put the seat on the toilet. He sat down, we talked for two minutes, and then HE WENT POOP IN THE POTTY! I jumped up and start and clapped my hands and was just praising him over and over again and he just sat there and stared at me with a big grin on his face. It finally got to the point were he very calmly said" Mom you already said that to me, you don't need to say it again." So we got his special treat and called Daddy.

It's been a great day so far. No accidents as of yet, but we had to put a diaper on for nap time. He didn't need to go before he went to sleep and I ran out of pull ups. But you better believe that diaper will be off as soon as he wakes up.

The only downer for today is D's weight. Our scale is right by his potty and he wanted to stand on it. I about had a heart attack when I saw it. It ranged right between thirty and thirty one pounds. I made him stand there for three minutes to make sure that I wasn't seeing things. How could he have lost two to three pounds in thirteen days?! So right before nap time I took him to our other scale and weighed him again. And again it was between thirty and thirty one pounds.

I'm flabbergasted. I thought his eating habits were picking up! I don't know what to do at this point. I knew he looked even more skinny to me ( I don't like looking at his tummy when he lays down because I can count each individual rib as well as see his spinal cord when he is laying on his tummy) but nothing that significant. Am I over reacting? Do I take him to a doctor or nutritionist?  What is a doctor going to tell me that I haven't already tried. Unless he has some illness that doesn't have any symptoms but loss of appetite and weight loss. So at this point I am really open to suggestions.


 


 











No comments: