Friday, February 18, 2011

Little Miss Z

I have always looked forward to the day that D and C would have cousins. Growing up, I always looked forward to the family get-togethers because I knew that most, if not all, of my numerous cousins would be there to go swimming, play a game of cards or two, and just be there if I wanted some company. So, needless to say, when my sister L told me last July that she was pregnant I was ecstatic. I couldn't wait for her to experience this amazing journey because I knew she would be an awesome Mommy and the boys would finally have a little cousin to play with. (They would actually be getting three little girl cousins to take care of since my older sister told me that she and her husband were expecting IDENTICAL TWIN GIRLS around the same time, but that's for another post)

The only downside to all of this was L lived four hours away.  She lives in a little town called Brawley, which is about thirty miles away from the Mexican border. With her being 234 miles away, I was only able to see her once. That was when she came out in October to visit family and attend the baby shower that her older sister threw her. It was great to see her, even if it was only for seven hours.

But I suppose you can call me selfish, because I wanted more. I wanted to be there for her when she had questions. Or wanted some company when she went to the doctors. I wanted to be there for everything... just like she was for me when I was pregnant with D. So this past weekend I took a nice, long trip to Brawley. It was an extremely long and lonely drive but the end results were worth it. I finally got to see L! As it turns out, it was a good thing that I went or I may not have been able to "rub the belly" as I've been wanting to do ever since I found out that she was pregnant. Or I suppose ever since she "popped" and Z started moving.

Friday I left around 7 pm. After a lot of traffic and a quick stop to refuel my tummy, I finally made it to Brawley around 12:20 am bearing gifts :) We stayed up until 3:00 am, just catching up and looking at all the new baby clothes that my sister sent her (thanks sis!). Let me just say that it was an exhausting night...

The real reason that I made the drive was so that she could have a family member at her baby shower that was being thrown by her friend (best?). It was so much fun to just relax and enjoy the party. I brought along my camera and was able to snap many cute pictures for her to put in Z's baby book.


 Time to get ready for the shower! 



Big sister Blue Dream was on her best behavior that day


 Her friend K came over early in the morning and made some yummy cupcakes...






and helped me set up the decorations for the party
(I made her the diaper cake myself)


L was so excited to have everyone come...

And her friend was a great hostess.


We had fun decorating the mommy-to-be...


Eating great food...


And watching the parents-to-be open their presents for their princess 

But my favorite part of the entire trip was when Z kicked my hand :) Auntie loves you too! 



No comments: