Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thankful Tuesday

It's 12:41 AM and I should be asleep. Bedtime was over two hours ago, as tomorrow (today?) we have things to do. Places to go, people to see, and hopefully a trip to the park if the weather cooperates.

But I'm still awake because one certain little sick boy has been crying off and on in his sleep. Each time I think he's actually awake, I find him under his favorite blanket, clutching Mickey in one hand and an extra binky in the other like they are his life lines. C is sick, and has been over the weekend. Fevers and side affects to the antibiotics have made him a grouchy boy when it comes to sleep and resting. During the day he's bouncing off the walls one minute, screaming at whomever did something wrong the next. For the most part, C is happy during the day playing with his cars. But once night falls, all bets are off.

So today I am thankful for this


and the relief that it gives him during the night so that he can try and sleep comfortably.

Tomorrow (Today?) we go back to the doctors for a follow up. Hopefully she'll be able to make C more comfortable and tell me where my ENT referral is.

No comments: