Monday, December 5, 2011

Kid-isms mixed with Thankful Tuesday

"Calling people on my talk-u-lator" and "Nana, you're cracking me up" are just a few of the things that D has said in the past that brought a smile to my face. Thanksgiving brought "Mom, I wiped my own butt!" to a restaurant full of people eating turkey and pizza. Monday morning... Kel and I think this takes the cake. It's not so much as a "kid-ism" as a realization for Kel and I at how much of a manipulator D has become. Especially in terms of help in the bathroom.

A normal conversation would be:

D :" Mom, can you come wipe my butt?!"
Me: "No, you are old enough to do that yourself."
D: " Okay Mom."

And then we'd go about our day until the next time he has a bowl movement and we replay this conversation for the 98734382695235 time.

This morning it was :

D (While sitting on the toilet): "Mom, you know what?"
Me (While making breakfast for the boys): "What Buddy?"
D: "I love you Mommy. Thank you for being a great mommy."
Me: "I love you too Buddy, thank you for being a great son."

Thirty seconds later...

D: "Mom can you wipe my butt since you are such a great mommy?"

Seriously?



I'm thankful that my kid will wipe his own but 85% of the time.

No comments: