Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mama Bear

Tonight has taught me a lot of things. A simple request can be misconstrued and turned into something ugly. I tried to protect my boys from someone and I turned into the bad guy.

I don't care.

You can call me any name in the book, but I will always advocate for my boys. If you are putting them in harms way, you best believe I will do something about it. I asked a family member to stop posting pictures of my boys on her Facebook page, as she is still friends with the person who tried to hurt my family. Instead of respecting my wishes, she turned it into a drama-fest that ended with us severing our ties.

I don't care.

My boys will be just fine without her.

I've tried to keep the "ugly" out of my blog. To just post the good and gloss over the bad. But at this point, this is my only outlet to vent. While Kel agrees with the outcome, he doesn't want to talk about it. And I understand, it's his family after all. So while I have a lot that I want to say, and a lot of anger, I will just leave it at this blog post and move on.

Although this wasn't the post that I originally intended to write, and I'll be getting to my "Thankful Tuesday" a little later (probably Thankful Thursday), I needed to write this. And since I don't like having a post without at least one picture, I'll leave you with one that I took today while we were on our daily walk.


It's not the "cutest"  picture in the world, but their faces pretty much sum up how I feel tonight.

And the matching shirts were not intentional...

No comments: