Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving {2011}

As  it has been for the past seven years, Thanksgiving was a busy day. Unlike the last few years, it was actually relatively calm and I didn't feel rushed trying to squeeze all the family in. That is one of the main things that I am thankful for this year.

We started out with Kel's side of the family. Nana and Papa (thankfully) made the drive to us this year from Bakersfield. They arrived bearing gifts. New clothes for the boys and donuts for all. We then made our way over to Hometown Buffet and met Kel's sisters and brother in law for brunch. The boys loved it! C actually told me "No" to pineapple and "Yes, lope!" to cantaloupe. Choosing their own desserts and the 4 2 Icees each that Kel gave them was just the icing on the top.



After brunch, Nana wanted to go to our favorite park to take pictures. This is where most of the pictures of the day will be from as I forgot my memory card during brunch, my batteries ran out at the park, and I left my camera at home when we went to my parents. Oh well, at least I have a few from the beginning of the day. C and D did not really want to take pictures though (who could blame them with me as their mother) so the majority of the time was spent at the playground trying to burn off their sugar high from the Icees.







And running up and down the hills.




Of course, being the person I am, I attempted to get a family picture with my boys.



And one (or two) pictures with Nana.



After the park, we went to my parents house for dinner. I love my parents' cooking. Especially the green beans, mashed potatoes, and my mom's fruit salad. After dinner, Aunt R and Aunt K convinced C to do some laps to work off some of the turkey he ate that day. I think he did twelve laps before he and D turned my parents' living room into their very own WWE fighting ring. (Aunt R, if you read this, can you PLEASE send me any pictures/video that you took?). We ended the night with the annual Clark Holiday Poker tournament. Which, surprisingly, I took third place!

No comments: