Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Green Thumbs

This weekend, Kel and I decided to start planting in our backyard. I suppose you could consider this an instance where I wish I had paid more attention to my mother. She always had beautiful yards and while I enjoyed looking at them, I did not enjoy working on them.

Such is life when you are a kid. Now I know better. Or, wish I knew better.

Going to Lowe's and picking out plants was overwhelming. Which plants worked best in our soil? How about location? Which vegetable will grow the fastest? These were just a few of the questions that we asked ourselves as we meandered through the Garden Center. In the end, we just picked up some bell peppers that I knew I'd eat, tomatoes, and wild flowers. As Kel pointed out, these are our plants that are destined to die and therefore we will be able to learn from them as they grow.



Besides, it was fun to watch C help his daddy dig in the dirt.



On a side note (mainly because I want to add these pictures), C tried a juice box for the first time this weekend.



And loved it so much he wanted another one (which of course I did not give to him) .




Oh the joys of being a toddler.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, new follower from follow me chickadee hop. Liking all of the great pictures on your blog your guys are cuties. My sweet little ones middle name is Walker.

Stop by and visit me at Living at the Whitehead's Zoo.
Amber

Lori said...

cute guys you've got there. I'm a stay-at-home mom of two boys too, mine are 4 and 2 1/2. just wait it gets so much more interesting!