Friday, May 6, 2011

Who needs a crayon when we have CHALK!

Awhile back, I had bought D a box of 64 Crayola Crayon shaped chalk. I thought it was amazing and a way to get D in tuned with his artistic side. D? Not so much. So they were packed away, forgotten,  never to be used.

Until one curious eighteen month old  and his trusty (borrowed) dog found the box and decided to explore.



At first I was just going to put them away again, assuming that C was still too young for chalk and would just use them as a chew toy teething ring. Which is a pretty safe assumption for a curious, teething, needs-to-chomp-on-everything little boy.

This sweet boy never ceases to amaze me.


( yes that is part of the bad diaper rash that he got from one of his antibiotics on his leg. It's gone now)

C and Charlie (my aunt's dog who spent a few days with us) had fun scribbling with the pinks and the blues while I used stuck to the greens and yellows. C lasted about five minutes before he decided that it was more fun to throw the chalk in the bucket and ten minutes before he decided that he just had to see what pink chalk tasted like. And how he'd look if he added a little blue to his hair. Really adorable is my opinion, but I could be biased.



But it was a fun ten minutes seeing C's artistic side.





Which turns out to be a smörgåsbord of colors over my carefully written "Mom". 



No comments: