Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mission: Visit All Parks In the Our City

On New Year's Eve D told me that he wanted to "visit all the parks everywhere." I told him that while I'm not sure we'd be able to go to every single park in the world, we can start smaller and go to all of the parks in our town. In January we crossed three off of our list.

Kel found one a few blocks away, and it instantly became our favorite.


I found one within walking distance of our house. Which is convenient since I don't have a car (yet). The boys seem to enjoy it for about forty minutes and then become bored.

 

The third park is really nice, but it scares the crap out of me. Well, the main slide scares me. It's so high, and C is completely fearless. This is a park that I will make sure another adult is with me so that one of us can follow C around to make sure he stays out of trouble.


For the month of February, so far we have only been to one new park. It has been completely remodeled since I last visited it, and while the new playground is more engaging, I miss the dragon that used to be there.



So the boys and I have been to 4 out of the 47 parks that are in our city. Although I will need to look into some of the "parks" and see if they have actual playgrounds.

No comments: