Thursday, September 15, 2011

Putting Air in a Liquid

We don't get to do it a lot in the house, but yesterday the boys and I decided to blow air into a liquid.


Otherwise known as the kid-favorite game of blowing bubbles.


Normally, this activity is restricted to outside due to the face that C would rather dump the whole half of the bottle on the floor.


However, after the day we had yesterday, not to mention the unwillingness of the boys to play outside, I decided a special treat was in order.



It may have only lasted twenty minutes, but we all had fun and it was a good stress reliever for me. C was not a happy camper when it came time to put the bubbles away.


Did you notice the shiner C is sporting under his left eye?


No? Well here's a better shot.


Remember how I said that this boy needed to live in a bubble? I wasn't joking. Last Saturday was spent in the ER getting his head wound checked out. Which I suppose wasn't as bad as I thought it was, but it's better to be safe than sorry, right? Well after three hours at the hospital, one being for observation, and delighting the entire emergency department with his antics with another little boy, C was declared fine and only needs a follow up if he was showing signs of worsening. Which of course he didn't. I should have known he'd be ok. My kids have heads of steel.

So back to the shiner. Luckily today it's gone for the most part. It was rest time for the boys and I decided that they could watch a show in my room before I separated them. Mistake number One. I changed diapers, found lovies, and got C a cup of milk and tucked them into my bed watching Phineas and Ferb while I went to clean the kitchen. Leaving them alone. In a room. With a bed that is perfect for bouncing. Mistake number Two. I checked on them twice, told them to stop jumping on the bed twice, and went back to cleaning the kitchen without separating them. Which I should have done after the first admonishment. Lesson learned, but Mistake number Three. Three strikes and I'm out.

I don't know what happened completely, but what I could gather from a crying four year old and a screaming almost two year old (sigh), was that they were jumping on the bed and jumped into each other's head. Shocker.  So D has a small bruise on his forehead over his left eye and C looks like he went a round or two. Okay, so that may be an exaggeration, especially as it looks as if the bruise is all but gone today, however you catch my drift. Sigh. Anyone know where I can find a toddler size hamster ball?

Regardless of the bumps and bruises, I love my time with my boys.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your black and white photos! How do you do it??? Teach me!!! PHOTOSHOOT AT KERRI'S HOUSE!!! I must learn your ways..